Monday, September 12, 2016

French Linen, Pure White, and Leather

This is, quite possibly, one of my favorite dining sets of all time. 
It was chipped up and in need of a little love. In the picture below you can see that it had been "repaired" by someone just putting screws into the legs. I repaired this first and made sure that it was sound and secure.



So many little details on this table.


You can see a bit of yellow paint peaking through the black in this picture.

Originally I wanted to do my signature stained top and painted out base and chairs, but after hours and hours of stripping off many layers of paint, I found out the table was not wood. It was MDF and not stainable. I informed sweet Brooke and together we came up with the option of a two-tone paint look. Y'all!!! It turned out so pretty!!!!




Next came the chairs with paint, distressing, and new upholstery. The style of these chairs is just so pretty to begin with, but OH MY STARS, the leather! I finished the first seat and sat there stroking it. My son said, "Mom, what are you doing?" So naturally I busted out my inner nerd and best Gollum voice and said, "So pretty, my precious" while still stroking the leather. My son laughed so hard he fell off the sofa, "Mom!!! You are so weird! So stinking funny!!!"
All joking aside, you guys should know that it is highly stressful to cut into the expensive leather. Monica was at my house and can explain to you that I measured about three times before the first cut and after I began cutting, I was sweating like I had been in HIIT for 30 minutes. This is serious business!!! Mistakes cannot be made or it comes out of my paycheck.



Look at this chair...

I cannot explain how much I love this.


This space was still being renovated when I dropped off the table. Since this time, a beautiful buffet cabinet has been added and there are new gorgeous drapes on that big window.





 Recently I had to go and refinish the top of this table due to an adorable little girl and fingernail polish remover. It is still stunning in my opinion. I just smile every time I see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment