Friday, October 7, 2011

April's Master Furniture

My friend April had seen pictures of the projects I had done, mostly for myself, and asked me if I could do her master bedroom furniture. She got it several years ago and it was still in great condition, but it was pretty dated. She was wanting to go a different direction. We talked about things and she had decided that sleek black was the way to go! So I got started. The theory here was to tackle the hardest piece first and then move on to the easier and smaller pieces. So I started with the armoire. Knotty pine had to be sanded, sealed the knots as best as could, then primed. This piece ended up being a learning process for me. I had done lots of furniture before, I had even painted black before, I had NOT tried to do flat black on knotty pine! Even primed it was crazy hard and showed brush marks. I had tried my sprayer first and learned quickly that I have a horrible sprayer and will hopefully be getting an awesome one soon! But all things aside the pieces turned out great!

The Armoire
before

after

The Nightstands

before

after

The Bed
before

after


The Dresser

before

after

Her space looks fabulous and she was very happy with her furniture makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment