Friday, March 21, 2014

Donna's Nightstands

I wish I could say that I'm superwoman and can do everything and keep up with my job, my kids, my house, my yard, my clients, and that I can blog effortlessly and still always look good doing it. But, reality is that I constantly have laundry to fold on the arm of the couch, my kitchen always has dishes to do, a bathroom probably needs cleaning, if I'm home I'm probably in yoga or pajama pants sans makeup and blogging falls down the list when I'm super busy.
My point is easily made in this post. I did these cabinets in November/December and have had the pictures ready to go for a few months and still haven't done it. So here we go: I present to you the most painted nightstands in history…



The tops stripped pretty easily so I thought it wouldn't be so bad. These tables had the nasty 70's finish on them. Green with the antiquing finish. Underneath the antiquing and green was turquoise. Underneath the turquoise was cream, and underneath the cream was the typical varnish finish. I'm guessing I used a gallon of stripper to do these two little nightstands. Whew!



Stripped down they looked a little scary. Some flaws showed up and I had some details to fix and sanding to do.

But wow! So worth it!!! These turned out just lovely and looked like they were supposed to.


I used a layered stain technique with these pieces to get them to look like the original stain had. I fell in love with layering stains with this project and have done it with a couple more things in my own home now. I had a very pleased client and I was pretty happy with them myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment