Monday, September 21, 2015

Customizing Pieces

This is the perfect example of awesome furniture makeovers in my opinion. I had a headboard that I couldn't use and I had a client looking for one. What I had was NOT what she wanted, but I promised that I could make it look like what she had in mind.

This is what I started with:


Not bad really, just blah. So I decided to up the luxury and glam a bit with some foam and fabric. The detail of the crisp piping just makes it!


I love the curve of the headboard now, it just makes it seem so unique.


Once more, the makeover:

The same client was looking for a dresser for that same bedroom and I lucked into this one. I wanted it immediately because I loved how the curve on the top drawer matched the headboard. Perfection! The only issue was the dresser was a bit dated. The cravings weren't what she was looking for and the finish was worn down.




So, I filled int the carvings, cleaned up the piece, painted the top black and the base cream. Now all we needed was a little hardware, or as I call it furniture jewelry!





I can't wait to show you the finished space, but I hope you enjoy my sneaking in these two previews!



No comments:

Post a Comment