Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Blessings

I have a choice every day. The choice to stay up late and work after my children are asleep, or to go to bed and rest. More often than not, and definitely more than I should, I choose to stay up and work. Sometimes it isn't a choice, but a requirement because I do own my own business. 
Today started out good. I woke happy and so did the children. They began fighting on the way to school. I came home to get to work and immediately discovered how much it hurts to upholster when you have bruised ribs! I work through the pain. It's frustrating and tiring, but it has to be done. 
Next thing I know my power goes out and work gets halted. The children are still snippy after school, daily chores end up being a war time between them, I'm in pain and tired. I get us all calm and Dylan pulls out Uno to play. One round was great! So great I took a picture to document the fun. That ended quickly and with me thinking I had rabid dogs in the house instead of children! What is happening? 
Dinner is eaten, showers are taken, and usually I read to the children. I didn't tonight. We watched a bit of the first Harry Potter and send them off to bed. I usually tuck them in, say goodnight, and head back out to work. 
Tonight, even though I am behind because of this weird day, I'm going to crawl into bed and count my blessings that I have what I have. I feel beat up and exhausted, yes. But, I am so thankful that I get to do what I do. I get to see the children off in the morning. I pick them up in the afternoon. We have time together, even when it's frustrating. I get to kiss their little faces and tuck them in like little burritos at night. I get to do what I love to do as a job! I have amazing family and friends that support me in so many ways it is humbling! I get to have all of these experiences and things because God has blessed me with such a lovely life. 
Life is difficult at times, emotionally deep, messy, joyous, beautiful, happy, and fun. The layers of everything life consists of are what make it such a blessing. 
So as I crawl into my bed and snuggle up earlier than I have in months, I'm exhausted, so happy, and I'm going to rest this time. After all, that rest is a blessing too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment