Monday, October 19, 2015

A Little Upholstery

This little love seat was a hot mess! It had stained upholstery, and needed to be cleaned up and updated. 


I had quite a few pieces going at once, this little love seat is in the lower right corner.


Once I had the piece apart and the new fabric sewn, I was ready to apply it and was constantly under attack from my daughter's cat. He found it great fun to try and rip flesh from my body while I was using the stapler. We actually began to call him ninja cat because he could just appear and attack. My children found this endlessly hilarious!


Okay, the cat is adorable regardless of his ninja skills.

This was a very time consuming piece, but it turned out great! My client's husband is using it in his office and told me just the other day how much he was enjoying it!



This same client also had me reupholster an old vanity stool. The stool's foam had completely disintegrated and the old velvet had faded and was stained in places. I will admit, I have been so busy that I have forgotten to take before pictures quite a lot lately! All I can show you of this piece was a picture I posted on my Instagram of the nasty old foam remnants.


Be very thankful that you couldn't smell that...it was pretty awful!








It turned out cute as it's little tufted buttons! 

More coming up soon, so keep reading and thank you all for your continued support!




No comments:

Post a Comment