Monday, August 28, 2017

Chaise and Settee

Let's kick off this "back to blogging" with some pretty cool upholstery. I wish I could tell you some funny anecdote about how I lost the before pictures but quite honestly I am not certain I ever took any this time. It was a busy time. I can tell you that these two pieces were rescue pieces and taking off each layer of the previous upholstery was a bit on the gross side.

This little antique settee is to die for! Those legs, that carving! I'm a sucker for something with stunning detail, it makes me happy. I also have a pretty huge soft spot for the fabric that was chosen for this piece as well. I made some amazing draperies and pillows for my own home with this very fabric at one point and time.


This is the closest before picture I could find. I had a super helpful friend taking off the old upholstery to help me speed up the process and put out more work. She was such a blessing to me.





That detail...I just love it so much. I think this piece is probably one of my favorites I have ever done. I wanted to keep it.


This chaise was a fun piece. I have no clue how old it actually is, but when I say that it was VERY old, just trust me. 






The client chose this fun gray and orange ikat and kept the upholstery detail the exact same. Putting a modern twist on something antique is a look that I absolutely adore. I find this piece whimsical and endearing.

Much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment