Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Transitions

Wow...it's definitely been a while. In decorating and design the "Domino Effect" is often discussed. You start a project that inevitably leads to another project and so on and so forth...That has been my life for the past year. Technically it has been my life for four years, but today I'm going to focus on the most recent year.
I'm in a time of serious transition right now. Growing the business, having a car accident that totaled my car and left me with nothing, leaving my time capsule house, moving three times in one summer (yes, you heard that right), and dealing with things in my personal life as well. To say that it has been eventful is a major understatement. 
There have been a lot of negatives this year: opportunities that raised hopes only to fizzle out and become nothing, multiple personal things that have had this normally emotionally level woman reeling, and a few truly troubled times. These things are a part of life. They are going to happen, you cannot control that. 
But there have also been some amazing moments as well: my daughter dancing for Disney's Dance the Magic,



 being Annie in the school play, 


my son growing into this awesome teenage kid that I just adore, 


him making huge leaps in band, 


us making transitions for our wellbeing, and all of the wonderful friends in our lives that have kept us going strong. These are the things that I choose to focus on the most. I can control that part - what I dwell on is what is important. 
It is so hard sometimes to stay positive and this year was the first time I've ever had such a huge struggle to maintain that positivity. It's only gotten harder all year, there are no breaks from it. But, I am still here, still doing my work (in my new location), and still making it all work for me and my precious children.
Things are really going to be amazing this year! I am really looking forward to many of the things that are coming up this year AND I'm really looking forward to getting back to the blog again as well. I'm finally able to breathe a little bit now and will be playing a bit of catch up to show a little bit of what went on this past year. Peacock Door Designs and my sweet little family are going strong! Thank you all for your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment