Thursday, February 16, 2012

Something I Adore

Every once in a while I run into a piece of furniture that I just love! There are no reasons, I have no clue where I would put it or what I would use it for, but it appeals to me. Does this ever happen to you? I'm the same way with fabric. I could literally have an entire room full of fabrics I love that I have absolutely no use for. I'm THAT girl! Anywho...back to my furniture love. I have walked by this piece at one of my favorite shops for a few years now. I always stop and look at the piece, pull out the drawers, and become completely mesmerized by it. I finally decided that I had to have some pictures of it even though I will probably never buy it or have a place for it - it honestly just fascinates me.


I think it is just fabulous!!!




The detail is incredible to me. The burned in numbers and cute knobs.



Mostly I love all the little drawers. They make me curious and I just want to put stuff in them!



I find this just awesome. So even though I will probably never own it, I now can look at all these pictures over and over and love it from home as well as when I'm at the shop.

4 comments:

  1. How big is it? Looks like a great storage for little girls' hair stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is about 4 feet tall and almost 2 feet wide at the widest point. I keep thinking I will find a place for it, but I just haven't yet.

      Delete
  2. I like that too!!! What shop is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to pick a favorite Lisa! I have about 4 shops that I am a weekly regular at now though. I can spend an entire day in Grand Central Station Antiques on Ave Q. It's massive and you have so many things to choose from. Sometimes you have to dig and sometimes it is right there all neat and ready for you to just load it up and take it home...but I feel at home there ;)

      Delete