Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Something I Adore

I do this post from time to time mostly to share what is of great personal interest to me and to see if it strikes a chord with anyone else as well.
Right now I am all about cottage appeal. The new house is well suited to what I have found as my signature design style: coastal Nantucket cottage meets farmhouse chic. 
I know that's not actually a thing but those are the combinations that appeal to me and to my (becoming pickier the older he gets) husband.
I'm fairly traditional: I like the classic look, Craftsman architectural details, a little bit of rustic, and a little bit of glam. It's fairly eclectic, but I feel like that's what makes it more real for our family.
Right now all I can think about is the details: trim work, planked ceilings, wood floors, and scads of honed marble tile. 
These are a few of my favorite things that I just can't stop looking up whenever I have even two seconds to sit at the computer!

I love the white painted ceilings here

I do have an obsession with Sarah Richardson's designs. Her designs are so spot on to what I love it's hard not to be obsessed. I adore her eco-friendly cottage (the dining space is pictured below). My signature colors are blues,grays, and jade greens so it's pretty much my dream space.


Her farmhouse also resonates with me. I could live there happily for the rest of my life ;)


Her most recent work was seen in webisodes on her design site and combines the cottage/farmhouse appeal. I love this place!!! I love that she keeps the wood ceiling raw and just whitewashes it. The place only has 8 foot ceilings, but the wood doesn't make it feel small. Instead it opens it up!


I'm hoping to bring out my house's inner cottage a bit more with a few details like these. Just another little something that I adore.
Wish me luck, I'm about to get to planking!




No comments:

Post a Comment