Thursday, June 13, 2013

Jessica's Pillows

I finally feel like I am getting back to my regular pace. 
Things are still a tad disjointed but I can manage now.
Earlier this week a completely wonderful and long awaited for package arrived! My client Jessica had been VERY patiently waiting for me to sew 4 little pillows since before our move. I had the fabric and I can whip together 4 pillows moderately quickly. So what was the problem you ask? I ordered the down pillow inserts from one company only to be told 3 days after placing the order that one size I had chosen was no longer available and the other size was backordered...so I chose another company. Only you can't get fast shipping from them. So I placed the order, waited 4 days to receive a shipping notice and 7 more days for the pillows to finally come.
But, finally it all came together!
I made my own piping and whipped them up as quickly as possible.





I always try to make pillows double-sided so you can change the look up from day to day




The houndstooth is probably my favorite pillow I've ever made! I want this pillow...


The two lumbar pillows are the exact same:chevron ikat on one side and a modern multi plaid on the other. I love all of these fabrics. They are just so fun!



I can't wait to see them in Jessica's space. She was excited to have them and loves them. It's always a great feeling when your client loves what you've done.


At the end of a long day of being patient with mom, my son (who is 9) said, "Mama, I just love how you make everything so nice to look at. It's awesome!" Then he promptly fell asleep under the coffee table.

No comments:

Post a Comment