Monday, June 10, 2013

Our Tree and Trials

You know that time when you're supposed to be working like a crazy person? When you've staggered clients to have the most efficient use of your time? I just did that. I had it all planned out, had clients staggered and all sorts of grand plans made. Then, several things happened at once: We moved, the attic isn't decked here yet so the garage is full of things that should be in the attic - that does not make for a great working environment, then I had trouble getting in the really good down pillow inserts for a client, then the plumbing backed up on us, then a massive storm came through and took out our favorite tree.


Right after it fell - taken from my front door
It missed the house by two feet...very grateful for small blessings right now!



My husband said, "I wish we could tell people a really cool story like 'it was hit by lightening' but no, it was just 80+ mph winds!"




My husband loved this tree and wanted to save the half we had left. Here he is cutting up what was already down in the yard.


We noticed something super sad the next day. The other half was already leaning from the weight stress - we had to lose it all :( I cannot explain how sad we are about this. This tree was one of the reasons we bought our house!


So the next morning, bright and early, my husband grabbed some coffee and with the help of a great friend, cut down the rest of our giant tree.


It was so huge it looked like we were barricading our house! So much work for one guy, but  my husband is that awesome!!!
Frankly, I was starting to feel like things were stacked against me with all these things happening back to back. Things are back on track now. My clients pillow inserts finally came in so I am a sewing fool. The garage is in slightly more order and a bit easier to work in so Im busy with client work there as well. I finally feel like I can breathe again! 
Can't wait to show you all what else has been happening around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment