Thursday, October 25, 2012

Closet Locks and a Headband Organizer

It always seems to me, that there are little projects that just pile up. They stack up in your mind, on a list, or physically in your home until you just want to scream. However, life seems to just keep getting in the way. You always have the best of intentions for getting the projects finished but you never seem to find the time. I have about 7 million of those! My brain never turns off...NEVER! I'm always thinking about what I could do with this or that and I have lists like crazy. Organization of our home is a HUGE priority for me - absolutely my biggest project to work on. I'm one of those that likes to go through things about twice a year and just purge, my husband on the other hand is not one of those. He's a 'what if we need this later' kind of guy that comes from a long line of people just the same. He's also passed that along to our children. So now, I'm going through our home and organizing room by room - for my sanity!

My daughters room is crazy. Seriously nuts! The child is obsessed with clothes and pulls them out of her closet to pick what she wants to wear. So clothing both clean and dirty ends up on the floor and then is trampled on and therefore the clean becomes becomes dirty. All of this ends up in the laundry room and I wash it and put it back away only for the vicious cycle to continue...

So in desperation I did this:


Yes! I put surface bolts on my daughters closet. I had a slight twinge of guilt and then I got over it. 

While doing this project, another one was brought back to my attention. My daughters headbands are all over the place. She doesn't have a good place to store them so they just end up everywhere. I had seen an organizer on pinterest a while back but didn't pin it myself. I just stored it away in the never ending lists in my head and then forgot about it. Well, it was time to whip it back out and get it done!


This was so easy! I had about 10 minutes and I was really trying to avoid doing dishes so I grabbed my supplies and got started. 

You will need:
1 roll of paper towels
Fabric that is at least 17"x20"
Hot glue gun

I chose white paper towels because my fabric has a white background and I didn't want to have designs showing through. I also had left over fabric from Jade's room and I knew it was what I wanted to use.


I cut my fabric down to size and got busy with the hot glue. I folded the edges over so as not to have a raw edge. then I just lined it up and glued it down.


I wrapped it like a present and fold/pleated the ends, gluing everything down as I went.


I think the finished product is pretty cute, and it only took 7 minutes! That's right, seven. Thank goodness there is now a place to put all of these things. One more tiny organizational step is complete. Now on to the 6,999,999 left to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment