Monday, March 11, 2013

Quick Changes in Busy Times

I'm feeling very blessed right now. Business is going well and furniture is flying out the door constantly! But, I still have a few things I'm needing to do around my own house as well. I'm in complete Spring Cleaning mode...this generally terrifies my pack rat husband, but I think he's actually turning over a new leaf. He seems to be excited about me cleaning out the kids rooms and hall closets. I do hate waste though, so what can be given away, donated, or reused a different way is being given that opportunity now.
In one such cleaning out session in my super messy daughters room, I decided her tiny space was too cluttered. When we added the new desk I just could bare to part with the old one and could not seem to come up with another place to use it. I moved it to be used as a bedside table in her room, but it really was crowded.


This is the table in action in Jade's room. Cute for sure, but the closet door opened up into it and that's just never good.

This is what the table looked like before I made it into a desk for Jade.


You can see the building of the new top here. This is the after as a desk in Jade's room


So that is what it looked like before. Then I had this epiphany the other day and thought (finally) of how to use the table in my living room. It called for some rearranging and tweaking of other items in the room but I new it would look great. Then I stripped the top, stained, and sealed it and this is what I have now.




Almost every wood top I have is red oak, but this is poplar. It takes stain differently but looks aged I think. I am enjoying the look a lot - the grayed sections especially make me happy!



Just a little quick change in the middle of a very very busy time. More fun things are happening all the time around here! I hope you all have a beautiful week!










No comments:

Post a Comment