Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Saying Goodbye

So on May 19th we said goodbye to our first little house. 

The house where we brought home Jade



The house with so many memories of my precious mother and children together - of me and my mother together.

The house with so many firsts for Brandon and myself as a couple.

The house where I found my design passion and turned it into a job I adore!

The house I poured my soul into.

I will admit I cried. Teared up and then eventually bawled my eyes out. But those are the parts of that house I get to keep; the memories.

So I snagged the camera and took the last pictures of my kids under the oak tree out front.


When did they get so big?

Then I walked through the empty house and snapped some pictures of how I left it for the new owners



Jade's first room



The bathroom renovation where I found my style



Dylan's room


The hallway harlequin labor of love




The kitchen facelift and cabinet addition that evolved twice while we lived there


The floors I already miss (for all you carpet lovers out there, I'm sorry but I HATE carpet)


The built-ins that were my design vision and the smartest solution for storage in a smaller home. I miss those too!


The master bath renovation that I never made it to before we left.

Then we walked out, looked at our first little house, and left in a huge u-haul.


So many amazing things are coming. I really am so in love with the new house. I have a little bit of bittersweet feeling because of all the love, blood, sweat, and tears I invested into that first little house.
Just you wait! You will either think I'm insane or you will be as excited as I am about this new house. Stay tuned for what's to come, and keep your memories with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment