Friday, September 6, 2013

Something I Adore

We all know I love design, we all know I love chairs (my husband thinks this is a sickness), and we all know that my love of both of those things started because I LOVE houses!
Television and Movie houses have always inspired me so much. I have my favorites for sure, but there are so many great ones.
Some notable ones are:

Father of the Bride House

Home Alone House

It's a Wonderful Life - George Bailey's House

Sense and Sensibility - Barton Cottage
 

Something's Gotta Give Beach House
 


 Stepmom House



All of the houses above are great for sure, but let's get to the ones that make my heart beat fast. Let's start at the very beginning. 
When I was a little girl, my Aunt Joyce would fly in from Seattle every Thanksgiving to see us. I cannot explain to you how much I love this woman. She is my second mother, my adoration knows no bounds! She snuggled me on the couch one year and we rented (yes rented) a VCR and Gone With the Wind. I believe I was six at the time and we had just gotten our first color TV...our family was late to the technology party!
I was more enraptured by the clothes, houses, and overall glamour of the movie than the actual story at that time. But I still remember the first time I saw Tara in all its glory - I got chills!
My love of houses has only grown since then.


Tara



 Twelve Oaks

The next love came when I was a freshman in college.

Practical Magic House




Who wouldn't love that?!?

My all-time favorite house is the house in What Lies Beneath. It's completely my own personal style. The style I would have 100% if I only had myself to consider.

What Lies Beneath



The interior is just as beautiful as the exterior. I just love this house!

All of the houses (above) pictures and stories were found at hookedonhouses.net
You should really visit her site for more pictures and the amazing and sometimes shocking stories that go along with these houses. I find it fascinating!

But, something happened in the summer of 2012, something called The Bourne Legacy. I fell in love with another house. The first time we were watching this movie and the house came into view I got chills and leaned to my husband and said, "Oh darlin! Look at that house!!!" To which he replied with a smirk, "Only YOU would say that."

We never see this house all fixed up - it is a restoration project. But, oh...the bones are so lovely and it has layer upon layer of character!
Check out the house's full story at remodelista.com

The Bourne Legacy House



Just a few more of the things I adore.



2 comments:

  1. What an incredible post Paula - I thought I'd be able to pick a favorite without a problem - but I just can't lol
    WOW - can't tell you how much I enjoyed this ( I do a series every Wednesday on Real Estate so this was right up my alley )
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the post. I have so many favorite houses: movie, TV, historical houses, and local. I just love them all! I will have to check out your Real Estate posts as well! Thanks for reading!

      Delete