Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day 20

This one was hard for me. I have quite a few pictures that I have taken and I adore. Over Spring Break this year we went to see some of our best friends in Arizona. On the trip back we decided to stop at White Sands because our kids had never seen it. I was SICK!!!! Super sick, the kind of sick where you walk 5 feet and then cough for an hour and nearly pass out. But I decided to be a trooper and I wanted pictures of my kids playing. They ran off and left me though so I walked slowly and took some fun pics anyway. This one is probably the coolest thing ever! 

Day 20 - Fave Photo You've Ever Taken


I love how my foot prints look raised instead of being impressions. Just the right sunlight at the right time and I got lucky with a cell phone camera. No filters, no cropping - just luck. 

I did this in the first place because of a picture I took back in college when I was in a photography class. I had taken pictures of my footprints in freshly fallen snow with an old 35mm. I know I have the picture somewhere but I can't find it. My plan is to do it in mud too and then have all three framed and hang it in my future house in the mudroom...the present house is tiny and has no mudroom ;)

Of course I have a lot of favorites, I think those of us who seem to be passionate about all manor of things tend to have a lot of favorites. This is just the one I am choosing for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment