Thursday, June 11, 2015

A Family Piece

I feel particularly awesome when my clients entrust me with family pieces. It's a humbling feeling to know that they trust you to the level that they do with a piece that has been in their family for so many years!
When this piece was brought to me it needed a few repairs. It is an older piece but had a makeover in the 1970's where lattice was added, knobs and pulls were changed, and it was painted aztec gold and then glazed. The shelves similarly had a makeover and were covered in lime green felt…glued down.

Here she is in all her gnarly glory:


Can you dig it?

We went with a sweet update that made the piece feel more at home for my client and also still showed respect to the additions her sweet grandmother made to the piece in the 70's.



Guys, this detail was SO hard to work with. I ended up having to spray the piece. I was very nervous, but it turned out fantastic!!!


All back together and ready to go back home. This piece just makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment