Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Parade of Homes 2015 - Custom Headboard

I've said for a while now that I have been so busy and can't do it all alone. When it came to working on things for the Parade of Homes this year I knew I wanted to partner up with a great photographer to take the pictures. I have a decent eye and I LOVE photography, but that is not my gift. I'm decent…I wanted awesome! I decided to partner up with Shine a Little and you will be seeing her watermark on a lot of pictures from now on! Not only is she a fantastic photographer, but she is a very close friend of mine and we have a blast doing things together! Please visit her site, you will not regret it!

Now on to the awesomeness that is this wonderful home I was blessed to be a part of this year! The first piece I'm going to talk about is the custom headboard I made for the oldest girl's room. Back in February I got together with the owner having the home built and we talked bedding, fabrics, and ideas. By the end of the meeting all was decided for bedding and later that day it was ordered. I've been lucky to work with this client before and she was so great at trusting me to pick the fabric for the headboard on my own. 


With all fabrics and supplies purchased, it was time to actually build this headboard frame.





It only took about an hour to get the whole thing together and back to my house from my dad's shop.


I'm only showing this picture so you can see how tight it was for me to work around this sucker in my family room.



 Every single one of those little suckers was nailed in while I watched Doctor Who episodes on Netflix with my kiddos. 

This room, I cannot gush enough! It turned out so awesome! The client loved the headboard and I was extremely proud of how well it went with everything. 




The sheen in the fabric makes me swoon!




I've been so excited to show you guys all of the projects I was able to work on for this home. You all need to head out to Oakmont while the Parade of Homes is going on and check out this house. The entire home is just stunning! 

Also, I would like to give a shout out to Two Thirty-Five Designs and this awesome arrow art she made! She's wonderful and this is just perfection in this room!


No comments:

Post a Comment