Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Light to Dark

Sometimes you absolutely love a piece of furniture you have but maybe not the color or the placement. This piece was that kind of piece for my client.
It was being used as a dresser but she had visions of it becoming a buffet in their dining area. The color was all wrong for the dining area though and she really wasn't that fond of how orange the original finish was.

Rustic and Original




The first go round, the stain was splotchy and I was pretty sad. I had to sand this piece raw because the stripper alone wasn't good enough to get an even look with the stain.




The hardware also required a makeover and black iron it was!

(People are always making comments about my nails. Yes, they are real. I cut them off even with my finger tips every two weeks and this is how they grow. I don't do anything else to them. Just got lucky I guess.)

After several hours of sanding, staining, sealing, and a hardware makeover I finally had this:



I had many people stop and ask if this piece and the pie safe were for sale. All were sad when I said that the pieces belonged to clients so that made me feel very good!


Another satisfied client! Now on to the next piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment