Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little Softness

Nobody does it better.
Mixing colors and patterns.
Making everything look so perfect.
She's genius! Yes, it's Sarah Richardson again. You all know I love her work. I once heard her say that she used between ten and twelve fabrics in any given space. I thought it was crazy when I heard that, but it really works.
These are all examples of her pillows (from my two favorite places of hers ever: Farmhouse and Cottage)





She's so good! I can't even tell you how many times I've used the phrase, "I want to be her when I grow up" - I'm now in my 30's so I guess I had better get to the growing up part.

So, when I set out to do rooms in my own home I wanted to have that same look and feel; only have it be my style, my colors.

I think I picked my fabrics well. Choosing where they would go was harder. It's all working out beautifully. With each project completed I'm loving my little living room more and more every day!


I've already shown you the dress pillow, but the rest were made or modified last week.



One of Sarah's tips was to make pillows double sided so you can use all the fabrics you love and also achieve different looks by just turning the pillow over. I love that tip!


These pillows aren't all on the entry bench all the time. They are spread out over the living area and you will see them eventually...when I finally reveal the entire space. I'm hoping that will be soon, but it's a busy busy time for me right now so we shall see.






No comments:

Post a Comment